Nike Cross Regionals (NXR) – Heartland
November 9, 2019 - November 10, 2019| $15.00
Pictures from the 2017 Nike Cross Regionals
The Nike Cross Regional (NXR) for the Heartland region is held in Sioux Falls, South Dakota on Sunday, November 10th. This is a fun trip that gives the athletes a chance to compete against runners of all levels from the entire Heartland region (KS, NE, IA, SD, ND, MN, WI). The trip is fun for both the athletes and their families. The plan for the weekend is as follows (a more detailed itinerary will be posted under Meet Sheets closer to the event date):
- Race entry fees and NXR waivers will be collected by Coach Onnen the week before the Sunflower League meet.
- There is a Community 5K at NXR for any family members wanting to run. Click here to register.
- Optional: Meet at Shawnee Mission West on Saturday around 7am and drive up together.
- Optional: Stop for lunch as a group mid-day.
- Arrive in Sioux Falls and check into hotel before a mid-afternoon run through of the course and a visit the city’s namesake waterfalls downtown.
- The team has a banquet room reserved for dinner at the hotel. Dinner will be catered by Johny Carino’s Italian restaurant (See below to buy a meal ticket).
- Races take place late morning to mid-afternoon.
- Head back home after your race.
Step 1: Reserve Your Hotel Room ASAP! Hotels Fill Quickly –
Hotels fill up extremely fast. If you wait until the last minute there is a good chance you will not find any hotel with availability in Sioux Falls. The team is staying at the Marriott Courtyard in Sioux Falls. Click the button below to book your room at the discounted Nike Heartland rate.
Step 2: Purchase Meal Tickets –
Dinner is catered by Johny Carino’s Italian restaurant and is provided at no-cost to the athletes. Family members must purchase tickets below at the cost of $15 per person. Please purchase your meal tickets no later than Monday, November 5th so we can plan accordingly. Meal tickets can be purchased below.
Step 3: Community Race –
Not a high school runner by want to run in the community event?